IVR for 6v - 12v conversions

Park_W
Park_W Senior Contributor
edited September 2015 in Parts & Pieces
This for those of you who have my 6 to 12 conversion notes. I recently learned, via Forum member Richard Dryman, that in my tech notes the suggested Instrument voltage regulator (IVR) from Dennis Carpenter Ford Parts, has at some point been replaced with a different item with the same part number, and that part doesn't work for our Hudson conversions. So here's what does work:
Dennis Carpenter part nr. B9MZ-10804-C. Price is $19.95 plus shipping. Listed for Fords for '57 and several years beyond. The unit looks almost identical to the one I've run in my Hornet for several years. I have just completed testing this unit compared to my proven accurate one, and the readings are the same.

NAPA stopped carrying a replacement Ford unit many years ago, but you may find this one or a like item from other parts stores, by asking for the IVR for '57 and later Fords. (Yes, I know Ford went to 12v in '56, but they used a different solution that first year).

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited September 2015
    Will collect this info and update the conversion info you provided Park! Thanks to you and Richard

Thanks for the updated conversation instructions- they are now on the website with your changes.

http://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/
This discussion has been closed.