Lead '51 Hudson Convertible For Sale (30 yrs stored inside barn)

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
edited January 2016 in Vehicles
For Sale
1951 Hudson Pacemaker restorable Convertible, (an 'actual Barn Find') that was driven into the owners barn over 30 Yrs ago. He started restoring it with a NOS Quarter panel inswtalled and some other  work done. however he also began other car projects over the years and now wants to sell this solid convertible to a good home. Its always been stored dry inside. The motor turns over and the car rolls freely and he believes its a 262 from numbers on Cyl Head. Most of the parts are inside and located in Central Pa near Wilkes Barre. Car has Clear Title...

I posted a couple pictures using a trouble light in the dark barn on Face Book's H.E.T. Club Page and in Photo Bucket but unable to export onto this Site (with this picture Feature temporarily down)
. He wants $7,500 O.B.O.  Im Posting for the owner thats not on Forum. For specific details, pictures, etc, Phone or TEXT Mike at 845 527 2108. Please  serious Inquiry's...

Chuck

Comments

• I don't see where it said "Hornet".....did I miss something?

F

• Ol racer
    edited January 2016
    FYI

Its a Pacemaker apparently with a 262 motor. I did not see the car in person...
  • Ol racer
    edited January 2016
    FYI
    Inserted few pictures of the '51 Pacemaker For Sale
    that was driven inside a barn over 30 Yrs ago that I mentioned above.

(Keep in mind pictures are not real good in the dark barn using an extension cord)
    Contact Mike Williams  phone or Text 845 527 2108
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Can't really tell from the pics, but it looks as though the top irons might be there.  Like always, if it has the hard-to-find Convertible-specific parts, it's absolutely worth saving.  If those parts are there, can't beat it for $7500.  I've paid twice that for much, much, less.  
  • Ol racer
    edited January 2016
    Can't really tell from the pics, but it looks as though the top irons might be there.  Like always, if it has the hard-to-find Convertible-specific parts, it's absolutely worth saving.  If those parts are there, can't beat it for $7500.  I've paid twice that for much, much, less.  
    FYI More '51 Pacemaqker Convertible Info with Pictures
    I did not see the car but  I had a phone conversation with the Physcian who bought it over 30 Yrs ago to restore then parked in his Barn. He had some work done to it but started buying other cars eventualty lost interest. He sent me theze pictures and described the car over the phone as solid and restorable with a ClearTitle. He said the Top Bows, Header, etc, are there. 
    I believe the only thing missing is the back seat and perhaps a windshield, but he has extra parts available. Call for more Info as I believe if serious may entertain offers... I do not know the person. Im only trying to help get the car out and restored. Mike 845 527 2108
  • Ol racer
    edited January 2016
    FYI
    Few more '51 Convertible Pictures
    Keep in mind it has a 262 Head, so Motor is either a 262 or 308 with a 262 Head and the Motor turns over by starter...
    Call or Text Mike 845 527 2108
  • parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    For some reason I can't open or enlarge those pictures.
  • Ol racer
    FYI
     I see what you mean as I cant enlarge them either. I suggest calling Mike Williams to send the pictures directly to you. The car was driven into the barn then some parts were removed and restoration began but other cars came along then Doc lost interest. The convertible parts are in the car. I understand there are a lot of Hudson parts in the barn along with other type cars..

This discussion has been closed.