How are the back-up lights wired?

2»

Comments

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I'm playing golf Saturday with a bunch of guys, so Colfax is out.  I tried attaching a photo of the mirror camera from Best Buy but it wouldn't download for some reason.  Which is too bad, because it has me in the screen taking a selfie through the camera.  It's a 4.3 screen, which is bigger than most GPS screens.  It's big enough to suit my purposes.  I just want to make sure that I'm not backing into the car behind me.  I'll be glad to have you email me the details.  HETjasper3@charter.net . 
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Whoops, the picture downloaded after all.  As you can see, that's a pretty large image.  A similar device can be bought cheaper on Amazon but this one got much better reviews.  There is also the ease of returning it in case it malfunctions. 
  • Hope it is not the 199 price I see; anyway, good luck on getting it going. Will miss you. I mentioned the details of what I have in the comment above. 7" screen I think~~
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Yeah, it's the 199 system.  I figure if I can see it in person, it beats buying a pig In a poke.  I was shocked that you would question my splurging on this item in light of all the bells and whistles that you have on your Hudson.  Tell everyone hello for me on Saturday. 
  • https://textechstore.com/site/echomaster-rear-view-mirror-back-up-camera-kit-black/4519602.p?id=1219755712399&skuId=4519602
    Best Buy will match prices of online vendors. Go to this vendor, copy all the data, take to store, etc. and see if you can get a discount of $60. !!! Worth a try. Double check info, etc.
    Just trying to help~~~

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    You're the man Richard
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Richard, here are pics of the final solution.  I did go with the Best Buy setup simply because I could see from the store that I could improvise a way to install it.  The backup light and camera are hooked to same toggle switch which serves as my reverse switch instead of the real thing.  So far it works pretty well.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I tried to download a picture of the tag camera and backup light, but for some reason all it would do was act like it was downloading it without success.  I will try to attach it to this post and see what happens.  I hope the guys monitoring this post realize that the tag on the car is from 1949 and totally worthless except for decoration only.  The actual tag is in the car which is totally legal in NC.  
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited September 2017
    Looks good Jason. Certainly is a reasonable solution; you are just looking at one place. I generally look at the monitor, the mirror and both side mirrors , all at the same time!!!
    As you know I run the 1953 tag BUT what we have going in NC is if car is old as ours, the tax value is only $500. by having an "antique" tag. Even if the car is worth a million dollars!! Tks to NC AACA.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I just wish I could have posted the pics of the trunk and backup camera and lights.  It's really neat.  For some reason, those pictures wouldn't download.  
This discussion has been closed.