!952 6B,7B,8B Glass Lens For Sale

Glass front parking light lens,in 1952 a limited number of 6B,7B,and 8B models where equipped with parking lamp assemblies made by stamping,these use a glass lens.Cast assemblies use a plastic lens.I have one right new with box,Hudson part number 230724 $25,one right and four lefts $15 each.image

Comments

• According to the master parts cat.,the housings are different.I have some plastic lens,I'll get them out later and compare,but I don't think they are interchangeable.I probably have a set to sell,but check the WTN,I think there is someone making new replacements.I'll let you know.   
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited April 2016
    They are different.  One of the reasons there are so many glass lens floating around is that in '52 Hudson initially used a stainless stamping trim ring to hold the glass lens up against the parking housing.  I haven't been able to ascertain exact figures, but my best guess is, they only did this for the first 2 or 3 months of production.  Afterwards, (I'm sure mostly due to cost), a casting was utilized and a plastic lens got screwed into from the rear of the casting.  This casting also was made to hold not only the lens, but also the bulb socket. 

It took me several years of scouring parts, but I finally came up with a complete set of NOS parts so that I could have a set of the stainless lens holders, the glass lens and the stamping behind them.  It was quite the challenge, but as my car was an early one, it might have had them originally.  Ironically, come to find out, they are really an inferior design and leak like a sieve.  

At first, I would buy up every set of glass parking lenses I could find, thinking they would come in handy in case of accidents, rocks, etc.  only to find out that they're fairly easy to find, but the parts that go behind them are the proverbial hen's teeth.  Be content if your car uses the plastic lenses.  Reproductions can be had at Eshelman's.  
  • Thanks Russ,I figured they wouldn't interchange.
This discussion has been closed.