39 Rear Leaf Shackles

I need longer shackles to raise my 39 112 with the gasser look and big rear tires. The shackle kit is easy but I need bushings. Has anyone been down this road who can provide advice?

Comments

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Measure the bushing inside and outside diameters you need and the width of the spring and walk into your parts house or if necessary call ESPO Springs.  These fit hundreds of cars and trucks.   You want longer shackles on a hot rod you cut some steel stock and drill holes like hot rodders have always done for many decades.
  • Agree
    The bushings I got from a trailer supply store 1/2 ID, 7/8 OD 1-1/8 overall length with shoulder (2 sides per 8 total).
    Bought a shackle kit (Superior 13-4000) due to cost and ease of install. I bought new bolts as kit bolts were long.
    Tricky part is passenger side top. Many may not realize that the "raised" circle on the inner spare tire well is a "punchout" similar to an electrical box. I was prepared to hole saw it but while I waited for my 90 degree drill to charge I wrenched the upper out popping it clean.

006.JPG 522.3K
    002.JPG 509.3K
  • Here is the bushing details. It is a 536 part #.

This discussion has been closed.