232 Aluminum or Cast Iron wide block head wanted

Hi Folks. I am in need of a usable 232 head. I will be milling it, so I can deal with a bit of warp on an aluminum head.
(In a perfect world, a 55 head with 1/2" stud holes would be fantastic)
Thanks for any leads.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might want to mention your location.  Someone who has one for sale, but doesn't want to deal with the hassle of crating and shipping, might be more likely to respond if they knew you were nearby and could pick it up yourself.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Hudson did not make 232 motors in 55 so that is a tall order. I have some 232 iron heads on the shelf but have not measured them to see if they can still be milled.

• Thank You for the advice Jon B. 
    I am in the New England area, but have  hot  rod and classic car  friends across the country. If someone has an aluminum 232 that will fit a wide block that they are willing to part with, I can arrange pickup if needed.

In the meanwhile, ski4life65, I would be interested in talking about one of your iron heads.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I measured the heads and they are between 1.93-1.97 inches. Harry, I sent you an email. I have 3 I would sell at $95 plus shipping from Colorado.

Don
  • Thanks again Don.  As we discussed via email, That's  a deal!
    Great result and many thanks to the HETclub.org for your help.
  • Hi Folks, Don was able to provide me with an amazingly nice Cast Iron 232 head. I am very grateful for the help. 
    So I suppose this thread could be considered closed. Unless someone has a pristine usable Aluminum 232 head they are willing to part with.  (A guy can dream right?)

• 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    You are better off with the cast iron head.  The aluminum head is a disdaster looking for a place to happen, and when it does it is never at a convenient time or place. 
This discussion has been closed.