\'57 Hornet brake shoes

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can anyone provide NAPA, CarQuest, Raybestos, et. al. part number for both front and rear? This Hudson as the infamous Treadlevac but that may not make any difference for the shoes. Thanks.

Comments

• You may want to consider having your present shoes relined.
  • I found this Raybestos site:

http://www.raybestos.com/catalog/parts.cgi?make=260&make_name=HUDSON&model=10&model_name=Hudson&fromyear=1957

It lists Raybestso 264 and 228 respectively for 1957.
  • It also lists the stepdowns.
  • Guess nobody knows. Checked with CarQuest today and they have both Raybestos brake shoes front and rear for the '57; bonded for the back and riveted for the front. Guess I answered my own question.
  • There are some Hudson brake shoes that just went on E-bay under "Hudson", "newly listed". $65.00 for a complete set, front and rear.
  • Hi RHO,
    Think you posted at the wrong time. The main 57 experts are all at the National Meet (Paul Schuster, Charlie Nau) and out of touch computer wise. This is why you didnt get a quick response.
  • OK, CarQuest had the shoes. 228 rear and 264 front. Right at $67 with no exchange required. Just need to give them the Raybestos #. Front done, now to the nasty rear where we get to beat on the hub puller. Brand new wheel cylinders and hoses from Dave Kostansek & Tim Cheney fit perfectly.
  • It would be nice to have a standing (add to at your convenience) part numbers and interchangeable part numbers listing on this site. On the AACA Packard forum, we have a very long list of several pages that once one fellow started, we continue to add to. It has been very useful to a bunch of folks. One of us refreshes the posting ever so often to keep it visible and it is marked "do not delete." Indeed, those are having fun in Pittsburgh while we are hard at it on brakes. Brakes are so much fun!
  • Hi RHO,
    Im pretty sure you can find a list of part nos. at Ken
    Cates restoration pages. (at least the brake nos) Ken does a real nice job of updating his site. Check it out.
  • For the rear drum puller, try an impact wrench, it pops 'em right off. Don't forget the rear wheel bearings and seals.I just finished mine, and found the inner and outer seals at the local bearing shop.
  • Rear easiest I've ever encountered; just turned the hub puller by hand and both sides popped right off. Carquest shoes ok. Also installed new hoses and lines.
  • Ken's site just covers the step downs. I found the '57 listings at the Raybestos site; they are different.
  • HI RHO,
    The main people to contact regarding the 55-57 Hash models are Charlie Nau, and Paul Schuster. These 2 guys practically built these cars as they are the experts. If you need more info on anything else, email them directly. They have the answers!!
  • Yep, been in contact with both and have joined the '55-57 club out of Montana via Charlie. Tne Treadlvac that was rebuilt ~ '98-99 timeframe had some internal problems due to not enough activity; moisture collected, rust, components ceased to function properly. It should be here mid week and we;ll get it all back together. The CarQuest brake shoes work fine.
  • Wagner #160 is a set of factory relined fronts (both sides) for '55-'57. I have four of these sets (from a recently deceased chapter member's parts stock). $25 per set, plus mailing.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Re: the Wagner shoes, it might be useful if I gave my e-mail address (didn't remember I wasn't logged in!) pwald@mindspring.com
  • CarQuest (Raybestos) 228 rear and 264 front are on the car; just waiting for the Treadlevac to get back from rebuild.
This discussion has been closed.