Cars 3

GrimGreaser
GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
Didn't like Cars 2... Hopefully Cars 3 is better.  This raises my hopes:image
That Hudson pickup is Smokey...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    Looks like my truck's value is going up....  
    ....well if nothing else every little kid will start calling it Smokey.
  • Val
    Val Member
    I was at the crank up at wildricks in Shelbyville IN last Saturday and was told that they are doing an orange pick up like that
  • allan
    allan Member
    the cab profile looks more GM than Hudson though.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Who cares it get the word out their (Hudson )
    Not many people  making movies with Hudson's in them maybe that was the only part he could find lol.wish the H.E.T. club could have been apart of the movie great to get the word out about us.  just my two cents
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Toys are already coming out:

Also, I wonder if they used 2nd Pic as model?
    imageimage
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Russell,

In my opinion, looks to be verifiable by the photo.
  • RL Chilton
    Which makes me think, some truck owner had an influence, maybe?  Not familiar with the orange truck or it's owner.  Another mystery, I think the real truck in pic is '46 or '47.  Maybe a '42 grille is just easier for the animation.  
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

I'm sure the intent of the animators isn't to reproduce any vehicle in it's "correct" form. Artistic license is very much in play here, as it was in the first "Cars". That's what they do.

Certainly actual photos (or real examples) would have had an influence on the creation of the characters, just as it did when Disney/Pixar used Mr. Z's Hornet in the original, right down to mounting cameras on his car to get the genuine look/sound/feel for the action. Nicely done, I thought. I hope this next film is as good. 

F

• RL Chilton

I'm sure the intent of the animators isn't to reproduce any vehicle in it's "correct" form. Artistic license is very much in play here, as it was in the first "Cars". That's what they do.

Certainly actual photos (or real examples) would have had an influence on the creation of the characters, just as it did when Disney/Pixar used Mr. Z's Hornet in the original, right down to mounting cameras on his car to get the genuine look/sound/feel for the action. Nicely done, I thought. I hope this next film is as good. 

F

Well, of course!  It goes without saying.
  • I watched the shorts last week, and wondered if this would be a topic here.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see another Hudson back in there.
  • Didn't like Cars 2... Hopefully Cars 3 is better.  This raises my hopes:image
    That Hudson pickup is Smokey...

Some of my research revealed that the other cars in the pic are early Nascar Legends, Junior Johnson, Wendell Scott, Smokey Yunick, and Louise Smith. Pixar does a good job incorporating a little history in their movies.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    There are (19) 42s in the HET registry
  • Which makes me think, some truck owner had an influence, maybe?  Not familiar with the orange truck or it's owner.  Another mystery, I think the real truck in pic is '46 or '47.  Maybe a '42 grille is just easier for the animation.  

Truck sold on eBay in 2011 for $6000.00, running but needing a clutch. image