48 Super Six Sedan for sale

devans48
devans48 Member
edited August 2017 in Vehicles
3 on the tree transmission - no overdrive. Original, drives well, starts pretty well. New battery, carb cleaned, backup fuel pump, master cylinder cleaned and filled with fluid, replaced ignition coil, lube brake line fittings and bleeder, new brake line, carburetor rebuilt, auxiliary electric fuel pump, gas tank cleaned, sealed, new wiring harness, new floorpans, new exhaust manifold. Choke sticks sometimes. 56,000 miles although speedo didn't work when I bought it. 3 of 4 doors are refurbished and painted.  Additional photos can be seen here: https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/hudson-1948-super-six-sedan/6274178304.html. Asking $5,800 but flexible. Located near Madison, Wisconsin. Call or text me at 608 729-4088.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited August 2017
    Devans, if the condition of the upper part of the body is indicative of the condition of the frame, this car would be well worth the $5800, I think.  The downsides are the non-original upholstery and the appearance that some things need to be put back together again. 

Are you in the H-E-T and have you listed this in the WTN classifieds?  If not, you might want to consider advertising the car in the WTN (the Hudson club's international magazine).  The next ad deadline is Oct. 1 for the issue that comes out in mid-November.  Any of us club members can tell you how to advertise this for free, even if you're not a member.  Unless you're in a real rush to sell the car you should consider running it in the WTN because there are undoubtedly more Hudson enthusiasts reading that than regularly follow this forum!  (This forum, incidentally, is a service of the H-E-T Club.)
  • Hi Jon, Thanks for your assistance! Yes, the frame is in good shape and thanks for your other comments. I would like to find out how to advertise for free (if possible) in the magazine. I was a member for years and have a lot of back issues.
    Thanks again, Dave