Need 4 to 5 more orders for the new 2x2 manifold project.

2»

Comments

• Oops, that's what I meant, on the intake.  Mistype.  
  • esfoder
    esfoder Expert Adviser
    edited August 2018
    I’ll call Larry in the morning I have something I could use one of these on. 
  • esfoder
    esfoder Expert Adviser
    So I called Larry and told him I would pick up the other three orders if the rest of the guys would pony up. So if you are get on it times wasting.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I'm in for 2. Did Larry ask us to give him a deposit?
  • esfoder
    esfoder Expert Adviser
    I said to him if the rest of the orders follow through I would pick up the last 3 to get this off the ground. Which means I need to either start another project or sell one of them. 
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Larry said that he now has 13 orders for the new Hudson manifold/Weber project. He has started the design on the CAD system and plans to start the tooling by Dec. If anyone wants to get in on this first round give Larry a call. Sounds like it is finally off the ground. First new performance parts for a Hudson engine in quite a while. This manifold should fit all of the 51 - 56 wide block engines with the exception of the Jet 6.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Awesome news
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    What are the plans for the throttle linkage? I assume this doesn't come with any is that correct?
  • 50C8DAN
    Good question. From what Larry said they will not supply a linkage kit. The good news is that the throttle arms on the Webers are parallel to the engine block, the same as the Carters so you don't need to worry about changing the actuation by 90 degrees.
  • 50C8DAN
    edited September 2018
    Here is a youtube vid of an inline 6 (not Hudson) with dual webers. You can see the linkage setup they are using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYeeUfxGwlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3U48Faaoag
  • 50C8DAN
    Well my mind is slipping I guess. The linkage is 90° to a Hudson Twin H. So it will take some re-engineering for a new linkage.