Slow parts delivery

2»

Comments

• I called and order a new double acting fuel pump almost a month ago and it never showed. I’m not complaining I didn’t follow up on it. And if it shows up now I’m just going to return it as I just tonight installed a newer AMC style pump. At $14 bucks for it and easy to get I’m just going with that!
  • Val
    Val Member
    pistonfarmer, I think that it is mostly to do with what he has on hand. The email he sent me said he was getting some fuel pumps in and that mine would be shipped the first of this week. So maybe your too, this has me thinking that "he" doesn't rebuild or remanufacture the pumps himself so where ever he gets them from could be more the hold up. I have noticed with gaskets I get from him they are here in the normal 2 day time frame. What are you putting an AMC style pump on? 
  • I put it on my 54 Hornet 308
  • Val
    Val Member
    HHHMMM......wonder if it would work on my 39 Six 212??
  • if you want I can send you the part number
  • Val
    Val Member
    Sure please do
  • Not sure about on all cars but im very close to Dale and with Jets the only thing he has in stock is head gaskets everything else he has to order. He also had to order the gasket set for my 27.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Has anyone been able to reach Dale within the past two weeks? I cant, the last I heard from him was an email he sent on 21 June saying he was getting in some pumps and he would drop mine in the mail the first of the next week. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I have tried to reach out to him but no luck. Has any one checked on him?
  • i received my part 9 days ago and sent a check to him the next day - my check hasn't been deposited yet - hope this helps
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Have ordered several fuel pumps from Dale, they work fine but are noisy.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Received the pump today. Shipped next day air. Thank you Dale
  • my check to dale cleared today - thank you dale!
  • I talked to Dale last Wed. Aug. 8th ordered a gasket set. It arrived on Tuesday Aug. 14th
        Fast enough for me.  Ed
  • Val
    Val Member
    Spoke with Dale yesterday to remind him to send invoice. He had forgotten. 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Dale is “ACES”!  I sent an email order and he got right back to clarify specifics about my order.  I got the info sent and he is on to processing the order.  
  • Val
    Val Member
    Agreed OldFarmer, he certainly is.