WTB 212 camshaft

I'm looking for a good camshaft for my 1936 Terraplane. Does anyone know what other years would be the same?

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    '34 to 40 were the same.   I have one here, but would cost a bit to send from N.Z.   Better perhaps to get y ours reground.  
  • Thanks Geoff, the machine shop tells me its the part of the shaft that drives the oil pump and can't be repaired. I'll keep yoiu in mind if I can't find one closer.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    contact xxxal_saffrahn@q.com w/o the xxx
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I  have seen them repaired.   Metal sprayed and new worm cut  into the shaft.  
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Have checked the camshaft on my shelf. It  is in  good order, with undamaged oil pump and distributor drive gears.   U.S.$150 if you can't find a good one over there.  That includes postage.  
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Back in 2006 while driving my 37 sedan 8 cyl to our then new house, the gear which drives the oil pump sheared off.  Sudden knocking insued, with a quick shut off of the engine it didn’t appear to damage anything.  To find out I filled it with around enough oil to cover the upper tray, maybe 5 gallons, but my memory could be wrong.  Starting it up, no knock!  

Still need to to fix the engine but internal engine work is well over my head & the 37 coupe is getting the love & attention these days.  Hopefully it won’t be too many years!!!