'31 Essex Coach, Mint Exterior -- Snatch It Or Lose It!

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited August 2018 in Vehicles
This appeared out of nowhere in Southern Maryland in the last few days.  The exterior is immaculate, the interior is original (i.e. not so immaculate).  The car is said to have come from Pennsylvania, purchased (by present owner) from the son of the fellow who restored it years ago.  Asking price is $12,000 though someone has evidently made a $9,000 offer.  The car supposedly must be sold in the next week because owner is vacating the commercial building.  Location is Indian Head, Maryland.  Two of our local chapter members went to the sale (industrial equipment) and were amazed that this car existed under our noses. One of them said he could not find a flaw anywhere in the paint. 

The owner is (Mr.) Kit Suthard, his number is 301-848-2440.  I know nothing else about the car, so ask him.  Engine condition is unknown, but one of our guys said he saw two coils on it, which may indicate a problem.   If you want a nice early-thirties car that's ready to drive to a car meet, this might be it.  I get the feeling the car won't be for sale much longer.

PS--I'm told it has a trunk rack with a trunk on it.  Again, in excellent condition.

Comments