1947 pickup windshield defrost vents

Does anyone have the right and left defrost vents that attach under the the dash. I will assume they are metal and the tubes from the heater is connected to each, and/or photos of same. Also how much and what year cars will interchange? Thanx for the help

Comments

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    41-47 for sure, probably others.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    These are the sort of items that Hudson vendors accumulate in large piles of "stuff". So as soon as you can acquire a photo of one, send out several e-mails to various vendors who advertise in the WTN, asking if they have the fittings for sale. (Many of these sellers are more acquainted with the StepDowns, so won't know a '46-7 part unless they're shown a photo of one).
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you can obtain a photo of one, send it in an e-mail to several of the parts suppliers who advertise in the WTN. These sort of items get salvaged from junked cars and end up in boxes of "stuff" amongst the stock of Hudson parts vendors. A photo will help to identify the item. I checked a parts book and it looks like the part number is 160938, though it's hard to believe there is only one part for both left and right sides!
  • 40indianssgmailcom
    40indianssgmailcom Senior Contributor
    Looking at the heater housing I can see the possibility that one part fits both sides. Without having one or a photo I don't know what to look for. I will keep searching