Recent ultimate "barn find" ' 51 Pacemaker Business Coupe - 13,000 miles

tedstunas
tedstunas Member
edited October 2019 in Vehicles
Hi, my name is Ted Furth. I am a classic car dealer in southern Minnesota. I have recently "discovered" a very nice '51 Pacemaker Business Coupe. Stored away inside in 1971. RUST FREE, nice original interior, and a great body. 13,000 ACTUAL MILES. It also has the HydraMatic trans, 1st year available.  Dark Green.  Really cool car. I will be selling this car on our website:    teds tuna boats. com   Please call me anytime if interested.    507-276-3919   Amazing car!!!   Thanks.
http://inventory.tedstunaboats.com/cardetail.cfm?carID=462&s=1:asc

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    How does it "drive" with no brakes?
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Gee I wish this was in NewZealand I would buy it in a flash.  It has to be a bargin
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    Does this have the shorter wheel base
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Yes, it is the swb version.

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    After looking at the photos & trying to gauge the condition of vehicle, I doubt it has only 13k miles on it!
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Would want a compression check and vac gage reading to check engine low miles claim.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Would want a compression check and vac gage reading to check engine low miles claim.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    This Pacemaker could indeed have only around 13,000 miles on it judging from what's assumed to be the original dash, steering wheel/horn button and upholstery.   
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Joe Phillips had one near 200K , looked as good or better.
    I would ask for some sort of verification.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Not sure I have ever seen a Pacemaker with a Hydramatic.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    I too was wondering about that as I don't recall ever seeing a Pacemaker with a Hydra-Matic.  
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    They are rare.  I have owned a '51 Pacemaker Club Coupe for about 47 years with the hydramatic.  As I am the 2nd owner I always believed that it originally came with the hydramatic and my belief was verified by Merritt Marks in the late 1970's as he knew the car and the original owner from his mail route in Florida.
  • super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser
    I believe that Hydra-Matic became available as a mid-year option on the '51 Super 6 and Pacemaker.