50 Super-6 Exhaust Pipe

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am having a difficult time threading my new exhaust pipe up around the sway bar and into the drive shaft channel. I've tried all sorts of approaches but none work. The car is on jack stands. Does it need to be on a lift or is there some slick trick I'm missing?

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    I think if you put the frame on jack stands and not under the rearend.The tail pipe will most likly go right in being you will have more space between the frame, cool.giffloor pans and the rearend housing that is how I did mind good luck
  • Thanks Paul. I have the frame on jack stands. The weight of the tires and rearend drop the axle down a distance far enough that the pipe should fit right in. However, the sway bar is in the way. I thought about removing the sway bar until I got the pipe into place and then replacing it but other messages on this site indicate there are problems getting the sway bar back on. The pipe does go above the sway bar right? This is a new car to me and the old pipe was already out of the car when I got it.
This discussion has been closed.