Problems Logging In?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
If you are experiencing any problems logging in at this Forum, or in using it, please contact me. I will try to help. Jon Battle, HETDetailed@erols.com (delete the HET before sending)

Incidentally, be aware of two things that might help you: First, if you're now going to the Forum using a link, try bookmarking the Forum instead. Also, when signing in, remember that the software is case-sensitive, so if you capitalized your password (for example) when registering it, capitalize it when you sign in!

Comments

• Yes Jon, everytime I try to log in a page comes up that says i'm not logged in: but when I click on it to log in, nothing happens. Then I click on something else on the page and the forum miracliously appears???/

Fred lorenz

Fred, let me snoop around and get back to you on this! ---Jon
  • Make sure only one browser window is open, the one you are logging onto. We are looking at this issue too.
  • My problem is coming from the marque list page, after logging in, I get to the HET forum - and it says to log in. I do that, and I'm back on the marque listing page.

So, once I got back to the HET forum page, I hit the reply link on this partiular post, and it takes me to this page to type my post, but under Anonymous.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Sorry about the problem, Alex. I'll ask Classiccar to check it out. ---Jon
  • I think I got it figured out - my computer doesn't like Internet Explorer. This venue works just fine with Netscape. Can log in with no problem, page opens right up after log in, have the page bookmarked and goes right to the bulletin board.
  • Yes, it appears the shoe is on the other foot this time. It looks like there maybe a problem with MS Internet Explorer, or at least the older version of it IE. Netscape 6 runs just fine with the Forums. There is a patch for this problem. Try downloading the lastest version of IE 6 Service Pack 1 from the Mircosoft website at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=254eb128-5053-48a7-8526-bd38215c74b2&DisplayLang=en
  • Although it may be that Internet Explorer has some problems dealing with this site, I have no problem using the Forum with I.E. A couple things to check: if you're having problems here:

1. Try coming to this site with a bookmark, not through a link.

2. Remember when logging in, that the program is case-sensitive, so use upper and lower case letters exactly as you did when you signed up. Also, remember to use your Login name, not your screen name, when logging in.

Here's the quick and easy method I use to make a posting:

1). Bookmark the Hudson Forum: http://classiccar.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=hudson

2). Use bookmark to come to the site each time. When you wish to place a new message or reply to an existing one, hit the blue LOGIN at the top left of the page.

3). Fill out your login name and your password (Remember this is case-sensitive! Remember to use login name, not screen name!) and press the log in button.

4). If you're then not taken back to the list of Hudson forums, click your BACK button and go back about three screens, to the list of Hudson forums. You should still be logged in (see upper left corner of the page: it should say, 'welcome, Porgy Tirebiter!' or whatever your name is). NOW, you can post or reply, without having to endlessly click through the list of forum categories to find the Hudson forum.
  • I don't know if you did something or I figured it out but I have no trouble logging in anymore. Thanks for your efforts
    Fred
This discussion has been closed.