Spring Pads

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Can anyone tell me if someone makes weld on leaf spring pads for the Hudsons? I noticed that the leaf springs turn inward at the front and the spring pads appear to accomidate this. I know you can buy pads that are parallel all day long, but not sure about the hudsons. If I don't go the 4 link set-up, it would be nice to know if I can get pads I can weld on any rear end, without having to be so percise cutting off the pads I have now.

Jay

Comments

• Congrats! You just noticed one of the little Hudson "quirks".The leafsprings are NOT at a 90 degree angle with the axles. While you're in that same area, you'll notice that the axle U-bolt, on the drivers side, has to fit between the axle housing, and the panhard bar bracket. I made absolutely sure I pointed these things out to "CURRIE", when they built my new rear. They took notice, and I ended up with a perfect, bolt-in fit!
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    I'm in the same situation. Wonder if Currie would make a set of simple left and right spring pads for the stepdown that we could weld in place ourselves. The spring pads would also have to be narrow to match the spring width. They just need the degree of splay.

Peace,

Chaz
  • I'm not sure. I sent the "original" rear to Currie, so they were able to cut the spring perches, and the panhard bar bracket, off the original, and weld to the new.
This discussion has been closed.