HELP NEEDED!! Hot Rod'n a 37 Hudson 8 cly

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hello all,

I am a new member and could use some opinions and/or HELP locating of some hard to find parts. Here is what I am trying to achieve with my 37 Hudson series 74 4dr.: It is an original rust free New Mexico car which has approx 66k miles and sat for over 40 years. I have gotten it running again but have just done the basics to get it going. I have to say it's been a hoot, and I have been pleasantly surprised by the crowds gathering around it at the local wends night gathering!

Since I am looking to do a resto-rod and am considering keeping the nice patena on the paint (barn fresh look), I am focusing on the drivetrain and suspension. Needs/Wants: Edmunds alum head, Dual or triple carb intake & extra carbs, another cam to re-grind, person to regrind too!, overdrive for tranny or replacement ford rear end, Headers, distributor upgrade, basically I want to hotrod the orig 8cyl engine/drivetrain so if someone is experienced forward a name & number!

I am planning on flipping the front axle and add lowering blocks to the rear. So if anyone has suggestions on brakes orig or upgrades? Other Original parts Wanted/Needed: Hood ornament base and grill center pieces top to bottom, orig Hudson hubcaps/trim rings, exterior fog lamps & horns, fender lamps, radio, other original options. I am also considering upgrading to 12 Volt, any suggestions/books,etc. Anything else for suggestions or ideas are welcome, (please be nice) I know I am looking for a lot of needles in the haystack but anyones help is appreciated.

Comments

• BigSky
    Hey, anyone out there? Anyone with suggestions/ resources on this, please let me know!!!

I am really in need!
  • what engine are you using? what are you doing original or rodding i'm not following you?
  • BigSky
    Good questions:

I am using the orig 37 8cyl engine. Approx 66k miles and is running well. Right now I want to try to keep the internals the same but if needed do a high perf rebuild in the future.

Basically I am rodding it. more of a 50's resto rod is what I am after, big/little wide whites, edmunds items, etc.

Thanks!

frankmn wrote:
    what engine are you using? what are you doing original or rodding i'm not following you?
This discussion has been closed.