front end on a '41 truck

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi to all.

Am now working on my third truck and this time I'm going with the following-

460 ford engine.

Another toploader from David Kee (what a great mod. he does on this box for these vehicles).

9' ford rearend on 4 bar set up.

Now I'm looking for ideas on the front end. I'm fitting a modified firewall and new floor to get the drivetrain where I want it but need some options/opinions /ideas for the front end set up. I've measured up and the front crossmember and old centre link steering has got to go. I want to use a steering box rather than a rack for a more period look, even am considering big drum brakes again for looks which would have to be Ford/Hudson wheel stud pattern, but don't know what to do for suspension.Someone even suggested a beam axle with coilovers could look good and function well but

I still fancy some form of independant set up with a conventional steering box. How about a front clip from something?

What's been done? anybody got any first hand experience with a similar project?.Although it's a big block set up it will be a mild build engine based around low end torque not rev the guts out horsepower, I'm not a gas,horn,brake driver whether that part is even relevant I doubt.

Anyway thanks in advance and any input greatly appreciated.

Jerry.(U.K.)
This discussion has been closed.