1953 stepdown brake numbers

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anybody have some numbers for a 1953 Hudson Hornet Master cylinder replacement and the front brake hoses (replacement). The local Napa store did not have any information as per the Napa/United number 3081 (master cyl) or napa/united 10303 (front brake hoses)

Comments

• Dave Kostansek- member- supplier of fuel pumps, water pumps, brake parts, seals, carbs, hoses, thermostats, gaskets, ignition, electrical for most year HET cars. Dave Kostansek, 7902 Route 7, Williamsfield, Ohio 44093 (440) 293-4079, until 10 p.m. EST
  • Kanter Auto Products has the master cylinder and hoses. www.kanter.com or 1-800-526-1096.
  • Dave Kostansek/Tim Cheney the way to go. I ordered all four wheel cylinders and front hoses for a '57 and had them in hand well within a week. And they all fit perfectly. Some hoses I got off ebay awhile back were too short for full turn-to-turn. That's where I got my brake parts for my '53.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    You'd better find another NAPA store or use a different counter guy ... I got a 3081 master cylinder for my Hornet two weeks ago. They had no trouble finding it in their listings.
  • What would prevent me from using the 3081 master cylinder on a '53 Super Wasp?

I have discovered my master cylinder to be lacking and the 3081 isn't listed in the NAPA book as being used on the type 5C cars. If I can use it, I can have it overnight and the next day - if not, then I'll have to try one of the other sources listed in this thread.

Mark
  • I ordered mine from Dave Kostansek and it only took 3 days to get here. He was very fast on shipping and had the parts available.
  • You don't EVER go into a parts store and ask for Hudson parts - unless the counter man is older than dirt!!! I had a youngster at a NAPA store, when I was buying parts for a 1969 Rambler, ask me if the car had been made by Chrysler. This was in 1986!! I told him not back then it wasn't.
This discussion has been closed.