electric wiper motor?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I'm in the process of restoring a 1950 Commodore coupe and am wondering if there is anybody that has a conversion kit to upgrade the vaccuum w/s wiper motor to a 12v electric version? If there is, is it a direct bolt in or does it take a lot of fabrication to make one work?
Just tryin' to add a few creature comforts as I go along.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• I believe Clay Hanna, out in Oklahoma, has electric kits for the Step-Downs (though I'm not sure whether they'd work with 12v). His address and phone number should be in the Club roster. Also, have you tried rebuilding the vacuum wiper motor (Ficken, NY) and maybe installing a dual-action fuel pump (with separate vacuum pump for the wipers)?
  • Jon is correct. It is Clay Hanna. His motors work fine on 12 volt, but I found them to be too slow on 6 volt. Clay Hannah- electric wiper conversion for step-downs. Clay Hanna Tool Service, 7411 Northeast 71st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 (405) 848-2334.
  • Thank you for the information. I have just recently joined the HET Club and will be getting the roster. I'll give Clay Hanna a call and the dual action fuel pump is also a great idea. I didn't even think about that one.
    Dan
This discussion has been closed.