1952-53 backup lights location

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have acquired a set of backup lights for my 53 Hornet, but do not know the exact location for installation. While at the national convention in Pittsburgh I saw the lights mounted on the trunk, on the back fenders and on the metal below the trunk. Was there a proper place for them to be mounted or was it a dealer/customer decision.

Comments

• I dont know who installed them on my 53 Hornet.
    they are on the trunk measuring from center line on
    side 1 3/4" from edge of trunk lid
    on the bottom 1 1/8". This is with lights mounted.
  • ON MY 53 HORNET, THEY ARE ON CENTER ON THE METAL BETWEEN FENDER LINE AND TRUNK. THEY ARE 3 1/4 ABOVE TRUNK LINE, MORE CONFUSSING?
  • [ QUOTE ]
    I have acquired a set of backup lights for my 53 Hornet, but do not know the exact location for installation. While at the national convention in Pittsburgh I saw the lights mounted on the trunk, on the back fenders and on the metal below the trunk. Was there a proper place for them to be mounted or was it a dealer/customer decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backup lights for these Hudsons were options and installed by the dealer, owner or their chosen mechanic. Hudson original B-Up lights came with an instruction sheet that suggested location on the fender and trunk. But, where the owner wanted them is where they went.

Hope this helps

Ken Cates
    cool.gif
This discussion has been closed.