10 second Hudson

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Just got back from the track, we took Dads 49 out for test and tune for the first time with the new engine. The car ran a best of 10.38 @ 129.45 in spite of having a miss adjusted shifter linkage which caused the trans to shift from low to high skipping second gear all together!HMM04.jpg

Comments

• what engine is that?
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Cool Stuff! How did she handle down the track with the big meats tucked in the body?
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Great job! Will definitely be looking for more pics of this 49 in action.

Who gets to drive?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Is this car Hudson powered?
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    I would doubt it is a hudson...the man would be a genius
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    That is what I thought, but I just had to ask just in case.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Cool Stuff! How did she handle down the track with the big meats tucked in the body?
    How cruel...post that nice picture out there to wet our appetite and then leave us hanging for more info..:p
  • Sorry, The car has a Mustang II front subframe built by my dad, the rear suspension is ladder bars on the stock hudson rear frame rails just narrowed, and the engine is a 440 Mopar stroked to 496" with Indy aluminum heads. The car drives perfectly even at 130mph. Dad usually drives the car but I get to run her every once in a while. The car should be even faster once we get a few bugs worked out! I will update everybody when we get her back on the track and I hope to be updating the progress on my 47 sedan soon as I can now get back to it. http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/hudsonspeedparts.msnw?Page=2
  • Ya Mopar baby!! 440 still rules, havn't made em for years and they are still competitive and can kick some chevy ass!! Cool lookin car man. Anybody can restore em, but it takes a real man to cut one up!!

Cheers

Steve
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Thats what I'm talking about! Thats daylight under that right front tire and

I'm sure the left is higher yet. Too Cool. Almost as cool as father/son Hudson

projects. :) How lucky you are...
  • That is awesome, i too have a built 440, although not in a hudson, but WOW!!!!!!!
  • bobbydamit
    bobbydamit Expert Adviser
    russmaas wrote:
    I would doubt it is a hudson...the man would be a genius

My Jet with a '54 308 and Twin-H in it placed first every Friday at Twin Cities Drag ways. The GSTA [ Gopher State Timing Association, had it recorded at 14.92 for best time in H-Stock back then, 1968. Beating the Rambler Rebel V8's, the Cadilac V8's and the Ford flat head V8's as well. Drove it out with burned up snow tires on it, removed the hubcaps, reset the timing, dropped the exhaust pipe, rolled up the windows and punched it. It was really Hard to beat. Then we would drive it back home. Cool set up. I even placed first in J-stock with a stock 54 hornet with all the trim. Ran about high 16's. Fun stuff.l
  • Good luck racing this season. Keep us posted. Plan on racing my '41 weekend after Easter.

Randy
  • hornet53
    hornet53 Senior Contributor
    I've always wanted a Hudson that would pull the front wheels off the ground. But, with Hudson power. Been told that it's not feasible in a step-down though.
This discussion has been closed.