1926 essex town car

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I was recently on a road trip about 100 miles from my home in central Nebraska when I stumbbled apon some cars setting in a field. I stopped and talked with the man, he told me what he had and nothing really floated my boat. When I was about to leave the gentlemans brother, who was also there, reminded him of the hudson he had stored at his house. The man then told me he had a 1926 essex convertable sedan that needed total restoration. I told him I might be interested and the brother took me over to his house where the car had been stored. I went over there thinking I was going to see a touring car, but to my amazment it turned out to be a town car. The doors and windshield are off of the car and are in storage. The wood trim in the top of the car has rotted away also. The engine is very complete. The partition is also missing. The enclosed part of the cab was made out of hand crafted alluinium. After doing a little reaserch by talking to many people affiliated with the hudson club, everybody seems to think that it is a customed body by Biddle and Smart car. Out of the five calimed essex experts, only one had ever heard of a town car built on an essex chassis without looking it up and he calimed he had never seen one before in 45 years of Hudson collecting. There where two of the five that all but said that it did not exsist. After they did a little reserch for me they concluded that this car is problally on of less than 25 built! They said that they could not be sure on the spicific number because Hudson did not keep very good records. I am looking to reselll the car, and should have pics avalilble in the next couple weeks, sadly I did not have my camera that day and will be another week and a half before I am down there again. I am asking $7500 for the car. Keep in mind that it needs complete and total restoration. If you have any questions about the car you can reach me at tmjchevelle@yahoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.