47 Hudson Pickup shocks

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am the very proud new owner of a 47 Hudson pickup. It needs work, but is in pretty good shape. I'm brand new to the group so patience with my ignorance is appreciated. This truck is somewhat unique, in my opinion, as it is fitted with a 57 Studebaker centrifugal McCulloch blower and carb set up. Homemade rusty headers, Mallory dual point ignition on a '55 308 bored .060 inches over with 3 ring cast (Jahn's) pistons and a ported block and head is the rest of the story. Head has been skimmed .020 inches. 3speed w/OD and Dana 44 axle. It needs significant interior work and a set of shock absorbers almost immediately. Any help or recommendations on sources for seats, dash board instrumentation or shocks would be appreciated. Oh, what kind of aftermarket power window kits would you guys recommend. And what's the deal with this wet clutch? atsunuffurnow Thanks, Kane

Comments

• Kane, not to be a shameless salesman here, but you might want to fork out $20 to join the H-E-T Club, as it will prove invaluable for finding parts and information on your truck. The main thing to remember is that the truck parts are mostly interchangeable with those for the passenger cars (except that engine....whew!). There is a fellow who deals exclusively in the Hudson clutches, and several people sell the Hudsonite fluid or you can in a pinch throw in some ATF.

By the way, you can also tune into our 'live' evening chat at http://www.classiccar.com/hudson_chats.htm to ask your questions of Hudson professionals. And get all SORTS of bad advice, LOL! (best time is after 8 PM EST; if no one responds, come back in a while)
  • Back shocks from a 90 Suburban will work for the rear shocks on a 47 Truck. Can use 1961 corvette for front shocks

russ m.
  • Thanks Russ.
This discussion has been closed.