CarCover/TruckCover for a 47 Hudson Pickup

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
First, My apologies. Am new to the board, just bought my first Hudson (47 PU, about 3 weeks before it is delivered). It needs work, but is in good & from what I can tell, original shape. Oh - I am filling out the paperwork to join HET too (smile).

Anyone know where I can get a nice CarCover for a 47 Hudson Pickup?

Truck is 'on its way to me, so I can't take measurements to have a custom CarCover ordered. I would rather have it 'waiting' for the truck when it arrives...

Am thinking of the CoverCraft "Noah" (any thoughts, reservations on this?), but they do not have any measurments on record for the 1947 Hudson PU, and need the dimensions filled-in on this form, and sent back to them. Basic dimensions have nothing on this...(whew)...

DIM SHEET 119: http://www.carcoverworld.com/DIM%20Sheets/DIMS119.pdf

Feel like a kid, waiting for Xmas...

Comments

• Try California Car Cover Company or Blue Ribbon Motoring. If you are planning to store your truck outside, my experience is that a car cover does as much harm as good as they allow moisture to become trapped between the car and the cover causing problems. I use cotton covers for inside storage and they do a fair job of keeping the dust off.
  • Thanks for the info, it is appreciated. I'll give them both a buzz. I have a few weeks before it arrives, so have some time to research and acquire a proper cover. For now, I plan on keeping the 47 inside, covered. The 47 may be put outside (from time to time, to make room to do work, etc..), but should & will be stored inside. The area is not 'climate controlled', but the concerns there are somewhat minimal.
  • grin.gifGot a response from: LindaP@Covercraft.com

#C5224 1947 HUDSON, LONG BED PICKUP

"We have a listing (above) for the Hudson Long Bed pick up. It would not have accommodations for spotlights. You would need to have a pocket made for them.

I would contact California Car Cover at 800-423-5525, as they are familiar with ordering the older vehicles and would be able to work with you to get a cover for your vehicle."

Am posting this, in case there are others that would like to get a carcover for their Hudson PU. My guess is that the dimensions will be the same for a 46 as well.
This discussion has been closed.