1953 Hudson Pickup (Prototype)?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Found these pictures, while browsing.

53hudsontruck01.jpg

53hudsontruck02.jpg

53hudsontruck03.jpg

53hudsontruck04.jpg

Have some doubts about this being a "factory prototype", but even if it isn't, it appears to be a nice 'older' custom. Have seen pictures of other prototypes, up to 1952. Anyone know if Hudson kept making protypes thru & including 1953?

Here's the link to the sale site for this 'truck' -

BrockersBeautys

(Don't blame me, I didn't name the site...) wink.gif

Comments

• [ QUOTE ]
    Found these pictures, while browsing.
    Temporary posted Pictures

Have some doubts about this being a factory prototype, but if so, it appears to be an 'older' custom. Have seen pictures of other prototypes, up to 1952. Anyone know if Hudson kept making protypes thru & including 1953?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good pictures of a nice Sedan Convesion. Hudson did not carry on the production of the Hudson pickups. Albeit there are examples of Stepdown conversions done by the larger dealers ... primarily for the advertising value of a one off pickup. There are a number of finished and not so finished stepdown pickups and ... fencin' cars as my Grand Dad would call the family sedans that lost thier trunklids reardoors and seats to become the farms off road transport.
    The following links will take you to another well done 53 truck... on my Stepdown page there are two more. One of those is a picture of a factory prototype.

My friend Jim Johnson in Omaha traded me for my last... want a be Stepdown pickup... a 51 S6 coupe with diamond plate welded into the aft section and plywood completing ...the cab...

view 1 - 53 Stepdown Pickup

View 2 - 53 Stepdown piclup

Happy Stepdown truck hunting... BTW I have only seen one 54 wanta be truck... The rear of a 54 Wasp coupe had been cut and had not been finished. Oddly that car had Pwr Steering and Power Brakes... never saw another Wasp with those options.

Cheers

Ken Cates
    Waco, Texas cool.gif
  • Not really looking for a 'stepdown', custom or prototype. This particular 1953 Hudson "Custom" Pickup Truck is for sale, but isn't on my list.

If there is interest in it you can go here to look/inquire:
    Brockers Beautys

Too expensive for me - $26,000

I would settle for a 46-47 Hudson Pickup "Project" truck - without much rust/body cancer...
  • Might be listed as a '53 - but that does look like a 52 grille.

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
  • Got an email from Dennis @ "brockers beautys" -
    "...thank you for your interest in the Hudson truck....the
    VIN# is 5C250894...is was in fact represented to be one of 6 factory prototypes....if you or your group look into such, please let us know what you find out...certainly very rare either way....we would appreciate any comments or feedback you can share...Dennis & Steve...toll free 877 409 0653".

According to what I see on the tech info site, it is a 1953 Wasp Super 6 -
    Hudson Serial Numbers 50-54

The way the serial number 'jumps', makes me think that maybe there is some validity to what is being said... Anyone have any knowledge or know of any documentation to support hudson making special 'prototype' Pickups?
This discussion has been closed.