Part Wanted

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi everyone,--- Does anyone have an overdrive cable from a 41 thru 47 that they would be willing to part with? The switch on mine will not work. Thanks.---Cliff Minard.

Comments

• Cliff, do you need the cable or just the switch???
    Les Pendlebury. Down Under.
  • I can check tonight, but I believe the cable is remanufactured and advertised in either the Packards International or PAC newsletter. That could be the good news. The bad news is I recall it ~ $300. But I need to confirm that when I can get to my newsletters. The switch you might try Joel Ray of Patrician Industries. I had to put a "manual" on/off switch on my '41 whose cable was replaced by a previous owner with a cable w/o the switch built in.
  • OK, I had a PI News Counselor close by. "New reproduction of 1940-1950 Packard R9 OD Transmisison cable complete with knob. $325.00 plus shipping. Gary Brinton 541-416-1575. " By "complete" I do no know if that means it includes the switch.
  • Thanks everyone for your answers to my dilemma, however after hearing the price for a new one, I have decided to remove the switch altogether. Cliff Minard.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Cliff, I'd try to rig a mounting for a (original or generic) mechanical stoplight switch down on the OD unit, where the full forward position of the lockout lever would hit the switch and cause it to open the circuit. Industrial supply catalogs also have weather-sealed switches that could be used in the same way. The switch can then be wired into the circuit to the governor, just like the stepdown cars are done.
This discussion has been closed.