1936 Hudson Eight Saloon (?)

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Was doinging some browsing, and came across this car.

It is a Right-Hand Drive, and is listed as a 1937. Looking at the picture, the grille & front & rear suicide doors seem to indicate that it is a 36. Have tried to find any information on this car, but it wasn't 'really' listed in the very limited pubs that I have (Hudson Automobiles,1934-1957 Photo Archive). To me, it appears to be a 36 Hudson DeLuxe Eight. It could be that the "Saloon" was a 'geographic' addition to the description, as this apparently was exported to the British Isles. A check of other automobiles during this period indicates that 'Saloon' was added to quite a few decriptions on a lot of different makes...

bb_1_b.JPG

c7_1.JPG

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I am considering purchasing this vehicle, any thoughts to the value? I found an alternate location for 'valuing' Classic Cars, and they actually have pre-40s Hudsons listed!

BuyClassic Cars.com

According to the 'guide', if this was in "show" condition, it would be worth $8,500.00. As it is a RH Drive (very rare), and it's condition appears to be excellent, it could very well double the value (or more) - Thoughts?

Comments

• right hand drive adds no value to the car over here IMHO
  • [ QUOTE ]
    right hand drive adds no value to the car over here IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't believe 'here or there' has very much basis on value, as transporting vehicles worldwide is common nowadays (though somewhat expensive, depending upon location)... The options, build and configuration of any vehicle can & do directly reflect upon it's collectible (and monetary) value.
  • It is a 1936 - serial number would tell you the exact model - 64 is a Deluxe 8 on a 120" wb; 65 a Custom 8 on a 120" wb; 66 Deluxe 8, 127" wb; and 67 Custom 8, 127" wb. The model number is the first two digits of the serial number.
    RHD doesn't necessarily contribute to rarity - in this case just means it was an export to a British country, as in England, and the term saloon means basically the same as sedan does here.
  • Appreciate all the input. After an exhausting (at least mentally) search of the web, it was confirmed that 'yorgatron' is actually pretty-much correct. The RHD doesn't mean much here, and actually reduces the value of the vehicle, at least in the US. In countries where RHD is normal, it means extra $$ to the value - there.
  • Hi 47HudsonPU

If you are no longer interested in this RHD car, could I please have the contact details. RHD is correct for New Zealand & Hudsons don't come up very often.
    Thanks
    Dave Young
  • Have left three messages, no returns, acknowledgement or response... Is VERY expensive - 14,500 GBP (a bit over $26,000 dollars)... According to The Gold Book, this car should be about $8,500 U.S.

If I hear from them, but can't make a deal, I'll pass along the info...
  • Are you still looking at buying this car? If you aren't, I could be interested, but the price seems way too high. This is a 66 series and was unsold at a UK auction last year, being an ex-New Zealand car that has had a bare metal rebuild, imported into the UK in 2000. I know this from previous details found on the web about this car.

Can you post the contact details if you aren't any longer interested as it doesn't come up on a web search.

I see a 1937 Hudson coupe sold recently at auction in the UK for 6,200 GBP, ex private collection and in good condition. That sound more realistic.
  • Seller is 'acting on behalf of an executor'. Hasn't responded to any of my inquiries, so I must assume that there is no interest in selling this car, at any price less than that stated in the recent auction offering on Ebay...(14,500 GBP).

Closed Ebay Auction
This discussion has been closed.