1957 HUDSON REAR SHOCKS

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON

Installation of rear shocks: I do not readily see how they are installed on the rear given the bottom T-attachment sits within the big Coil spring which sits inside a little "bucket" arrangement right on the axle.

Do you have to remove those two bolts/nuts that wrap around the axle and then try to rotate the the big spring coil and if so, you know how much effort that is?

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    well this is why they pay me the big BUCKS LOL BUT REALY WHEN I change rear shocks it is by jacking the rear end up in the air placing the body on jack stands now lower the rear end each side slowly after un doing all 4 shakel nuts on one side remove the top shock nut then lower the rear end enough to get the shock out with the spring all together I then change the shock and install the top end in the shock tower and get the washers and nut on it and the get the spring saddle pin lined back up in the rear end then do the other side the same way you will have to remove 1 side of the sway bar to get every thing to drop enough to get the room you will need cool.gif if you need more help email me at HEThudson1957@aol.com take the HET OFF THE ADDRESS IT JUST THERE FOR THE SPAM BUNNYS
  • Ouch! Thanks Paul.
This discussion has been closed.