Problems with installing K-Gap Window gaskets

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I hired a professional window installer to replace the window gaskets in my '38 Terraplane coupe. He spent several hours trying to get one of the K-Gap winshield gaskets I purchased in 2002,I know, I am very slow, to work, and even spoke to them on the phone, but swears they are not the right gaskets-too thick. Can anyone give me some ideas as to why he is having so much trouble? He has 25 years of experience with auto glass including older cars, so I don't think it is a lack of experience. Could the glass have been replaced with the wrong size or thickness? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    Hi I don't know what your problems are with the rubber or the glass size but in my 1939 hudson 112 cp the K Gap rubbers worked just fine !!
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Why not ask K-Gap?
  • One good answer out of two isn't bad in baseball, but not good enough with hudsons!
  • I had a professional glass shop refuse to replace the windshield on my '54 because the windshield gasket material sent from K-Gap had the larger all around the windshield piece ok but then the other string type piece used in conjunction was round and not fitted to the big piece of rubber that had a non-circular insert; however a friend who just did his '54 a couple years ago says it works, but since the glass shop won't touch it, we'll do it ourselevs one of these days. I could see what the guy at the glass shop was sying and I assume the tubular "cord" just compresses in there to fit....kinda hard to talk about without the pieces in front of me and this was a few months back I tired to get it done.
This discussion has been closed.