lights on 52 hornet

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
the only lights I have are the head lights. Anyone have any ideas where I need to look.?

Comments

• [ QUOTE ]
    the only lights I have are the head lights. Anyone have any ideas where I need to look.?

[/ QUOTE ]

The wiring diagram for 1952 shows the headlight power feed comes from a Circuit breaker under the dash. The circuit breaker power is selected by the light switch position. Tail and Parking light power comes directly from the light switch. Brake light power also comes from the circuit breaker.

Suggestions...

Remove the bulb from a tail light socket... using a meter or lighted probe check for power in the bulb socket with light switch in either park or running light postions. There should be power in the tail and parking lamp sockets if the switch is working and power is being applied from the battery side of the circuit breaker. The Headlight is on the circuit side of the circuit breaker. Using the probe you should be able to isolate the lost of power point. Note that the lighting ciruit for the rear of the car goes through two disconnects after the switch and these disconnects must be tight to have proper lights.

Good Luck

Ken Cates
This discussion has been closed.