1957 RADIATOR HOSES

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Paul, can you confirm those two numbers? The upper 7096 does not have the slight bend in it at the end to fit onto the radiator fitting? And the #8623 from NAPA is molded rather than flex and appears too small with the 1.5" I.D. as it looks like a 1.75" I.D. is needed. ??? It would seem a hose with 1.5" I.D. on one end and 1.75" I.D. on the water pump end would be needed?

Comments

• OK, can ANYBODY confirm those two numbers? The upper 7096 does not have the slight bend in it at the end to fit onto the radiator fitting? And the #8623 from NAPA is molded rather than flex and appears too small with the 1.5" I.D. as it looks like a 1.75" I.D. is needed. ??? It would seem a hose with 1.5" I.D. on one end and 1.75" I.D. on the water pump end would be needed? I'm inquiring for another owner but over the winter I'll take mine down and figure out what can be used if nothing appears in the interim. 26 views but no answers.
  • I have both hoses NOS..I could photograph them and post if it would help....

Todd
  • That would help Todd. Thanks. We're just trying to determine configuration, length, and inside diameters.
  • Fairly certain now that the lower hose radiator and water pump ends are 1.75" and 1.5" respectively, so perhaps the CQ 20539# as provided via the NASH site may apply.
  • Maybe someone in the Hudson Club would have the information you need.
  • No positive definitive luck after three months of inquiries; folks don't know, won't respond to emails, etc. The 57s are indeed a mysterious beast. I had to found out the brake shoes, wheel cylinders, ignition parts, some other components independently, but the "should be simple" hoses as yet has evaded us.
  • I will post pictures of the hoses I have. the top hose is available and the pic shows the Gates #20475. The other is an NOS lower hose. See the folder under "HET Photo Gallery"

Hope this helps...

Todd H
  • Thanks Todd. That is a big help. Photos are good to illustrate or clarify things. From the photos I can see the 20475 indeed has the little bend at the top end that is needed to hook to the radiator; and and from the bottom hose photos it confirms different diameters ate the opposite ends and I believe I have a Carquest 20539 that fits the bill. Thanks again. I think we can get there now.
  • Thats great...glad to be of help.

Please let us know how that replacement lower hose works out.

Todd
  • Will do Todd; it will be late fall or early winter but I will post the results and also send the information to Charlie Nau for the '55-57 bimonthly newsletter, The Kenosha Connection.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    HI WELL I GOT TO IT TODAY THE HOSES ON MY CAR ARE UPPER HOSE DAYCO 70466 IT IS A MOLDED HOSE AND FITS PERFICT!! NOW THE LOWER HOSE IS A GOODYEAR 52813 IT IS A FLEX HOSE I BEEFED IT UP BY INSTALLING A SPRING INSIDE THE HOSE SO IT CAN NOT SUCK CLOSED I ALSO HAVE A PROTECTIVE PLASTIC PEICE WIRE TIED TO IT FOR PROTECTION IT'S REALLY CLOSE TO THE FAN BELT I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH EITHER HOSE THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE CARS FOR 10 YEARS I GOT NEW ONES TODAY ACCROSS THE COUNTER AT MY LOCAL PARTS STORE I ORDERED IN THE AM THEY HAD THEM IN THE PM IF YOU CAN'T GET THEM LET ME KNOW I'LL GET THEM FOR YOU AND SHIP THEM BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM GOOD LUCK cool.gif
  • Thanks. I'll see if locally they can be acquired.
  • DAYCO 70466 = CarQuest 20475 = 1.75" both ends
    Goodyear 52813 = CarQuest 26501 = 1.75" both ends
This discussion has been closed.