why do YOU love Hudsons?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON

Comments

• I love my Hudson for the styling and the drivetrain. I love to watch the hotrod shows where someone chops and drops an old car to get what we have off the show room floor. Hudson's were ahead of their time and after all these years they still are.

Last month I drove my 51 Hornet across Canada 3000 miles and it was a great journey. I cruised along at the speed limit and got to enjoy the road. Yeah the people were blasting by me but I had all the class and many of the people who passed gave me the wave or honked the horn.

I was lucky my Hudson was in great shape when I bought it and some tinkering here and there and its running smooth and looking really nice. Yes I kind of like the exclusivity of owning a truly great independent and I love opening the hood and showing off that golden 308 six.
  • I agree with Yorg...Hudson has that very thing that is conspicuously absent from modern cars "class", But they're like no other auto ever made. They have a mystique about them that draws you in. And of all cars made in the early-to mid '50s a Hudson step-down can still do battle with modern traffic very well. Thats why when they were new they had a high degree of Marque loyalty and they still do today. The average Hudson owner has more than one. There's nothing I don't like about em....well maybe changin those blinkin back tires (haha) ,but hey, resistence makes us stronger.
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    I've never seen another car create the buzz that a Hudson does. Everywhere you go, you make friends. It leaves people smiling wherever it goes. It will not only be appreciated by car buffs, young and old, but even kids that probably never really noticed cars will respond to it's presence. I've even gotten a 'thumbs up' from a homeless guy!
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I got hooked at age 16 because Mom's '37 Terraplane was not only different from what everyone else had (mainly Fords), but also faster (pre-Chevy V8 era). Fifty-three years later, it's still the styling, the ride, the performance and the uniqueness that I love.
This discussion has been closed.