GOODGUYS nasnville tenn event

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
is there any Hudson guys going to the goodguys Nashville Tenneessee event?

I am and I hope to see some Hudsons/essex/terraplane originals and street-rods there.

Comments

• Im driving my 34 Hudson 8 on friday. bob
  • bill, I went to the Goodguys event here in Scottsdale, AZ this year, but saw only one Hudson ('49 Super Six) but the owner wasn't around. Guess the Hud owners here in AZ don't take theirs out much.

Jay
  • hudsonjeff
    hudsonjeff Senior Contributor
    That Seems To Be The Problem With The Majority Of The Hudson Crowd. If Its Not A Hudson Only Meet At Someones House They Won't Go. I Have Tried Several Times To Organize A Group Of Hudsons At Other Events With Little Interest. So I Guess I Will Just Be The Only Hudson.
  • Years ago (26 I think) I went to the NHRA Western Nationals held in San Jose, CA with my '42 Ford P/U for two days. Didn't have much money, so I slept in the cab of my pickup overnight (no joy since I'm 6'2"). It was half primered, no bed, floor mats mounted to a 2x4 for mudflaps, and the shifter was a steel rod thru the floor that I pulled up and pushed down by hand (it was a floor shift tranny that I hadn't connected to my Eldorado tilt column yet). But friends of mine also attended and we had a great time. I ran a '63 Vette 327 w/ camelback heads and even though my truck was pretty rough, many people came by to look at my progress and chat.

Maybe the solution is to make some more friends with non-Hudson or rodded Hudson owners who do make it to local and bigger meets and shows. I can have just as good a time with cool people no matter what they drive. You don't see many Huds out and about here in Arizona either (unless maybe at a Hud only gathering-I've not been to one of those yet, one guy told me they don't go out much in the summertime), but I've met some people with Mercs, Studes, Chevy's, Fords, MG's, Lowrider Trucks, Mini Coopers, etc at some of the local events and I'll park with them any day when my car gets running. I plan to join the local HET here and maybe I can push the folks to do more out in the public eye!

Jay
  • I have a 52 hornet 4dr, smallblock Chrysler, auto, disc brakes, etc., its a real beater, but I go to at least 2 or 3 cruise nights or shows every month. (There is always a car show somewhere in SoCal.) With the exception of the Western Regional Meet, I have never been to another show where there was more than two of us. The second hudson has always been the same one, a white '49 2dr. with a small block Chevy. Oh yea, I saw Bill A. at a Model "A" car show once.

I had a good time at the West Reg Meet, but my Hudson gets a LOT more attention at a "regular" show or cruise. Hudsonjeff and Jay are right, we have to get out and make our presence known at all kinds of events.

Stregnth in numbers!

Terry
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    Last Sunday at a Car Show in Manchester, Ct. I brought my two 49 Hudsons and Bill Chapman had his 52 Hornet and 47 pickup. There were a total of 132 cars there.

I won a trophy for my Brougham first in class and Bills pickup took a second in class.

People like our HUDSONS. We just have to show them more :)
  • Like has been said before, the "Cars" movie is likely the first most people under 50 or 55 have ever heard or seen of a Hudson. You'd have to be nearly 65 to have been old enough to have purchased the last Hudson built new...You'ree right about Chapter members, too. If it isn't a Chapter meeting at a member's home, they aren't interested in bringing the cars out. The "no-judging" syndrome brought to an extreme. It's become "no-looking", too.
  • there is going to be 1 REALLY COOL hudson there from our area of arkansas, its not mine but belongs to a hudson friend of mine, it's dark blue with a desoto grille and lots of flames, everyone thinks it is a merc.

I am going to be driving my 58 chevy 2 door wagon, (orange&pearl white) if you're there stop by to say hello
  • there is going to be 1 REALLY COOL hudson there from our area of arkansas, its not mine but belongs to a hudson friend of mine, it's dark blue with a desoto grille and lots of flames, everyone thinks it is a merc.
    I am going to be driving my 58 chevy 2 door wagon, (orange&pearl white) if you're there stop by to say hello
    Can you get some pics?

Jay
  • I plan on getting some pix, particularily step downs, I will post them here next week.
This discussion has been closed.