Windshield reveal moulding,54 Wasp

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
My 54 Wasp does not have a stainless surround, is this stock? I know some low end Studebakers had these deleted, but I can't tell from my Hudson catalog. I am getting a new windshield, and the only gasket available has the channel for the moulding.
Also, does anyone out there have a windshield moulding for sale?
THANX!!!

Comments

• My book,The History of Hudson, show that some 54 Wasps came without the brightwork around the front or rear windshield.
  • [ QUOTE ]
    My 54 Wasp does not have a stainless surround, is this stock? I know some low end Studebakers had these deleted, but I can't tell from my Hudson catalog. I am getting a new windshield, and the only gasket available has the channel for the moulding.

Also, does anyone out there have a windshield moulding for sale?
    THANX!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

As with many things Hudson did as the Stepdown sales faded, trim could be put on cars which were not manufacured with same. As far as the windshield goes, the plain Wasp was delivered from the factory without any trim in the gasket. Super Wasps, Hornets and Hornet Specials did have the Stainless piece inserted into the gasket. As far as obtaining a stainless insert... check out this eBay seller... pfsimmons ... they are parting out a 54 Hornet... I have purchased several items from the car and the seller is quick to ship and describes the products accurately. Might go to eBay and ask if they will put this item up for sale... as I have not seen it on the net.

Good Luck

Ken Cates
    53HAUL.gif
    Stepdown Restoration Page cool.gif
This discussion has been closed.