Piggyback Internet Nuisances

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone have a way of avoiding the piggyback popup from Tribalfusion.com that I get everytime I log onto this site?? It loads a data miner program into my system that I don't want & spend time unneccessarily getting it out of my system every time I visit this site. It markedly slows down my computer's ability to process data frown.gif
thanks for your anticipated help.
Dave Young
New Zealand

Comments

• [ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone have a way of avoiding the piggyback popup from Tribalfusion.com that I get everytime I log onto this site?? It loads a data miner program into my system that I don't want & spend time unneccessarily getting it out of my system every time I visit this site. It markedly slows down my computer's ability to process data frown.gif
    thanks for your anticipated help.
    Dave Young
    New Zealand

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave: I have been using the GOGGLE search line add on to my IE browser. This free program comes with a PopUp eliminator program. It seems to work most of the time. But, even as I replied to you I got the other fun surprise that comes with this site... replacement of the post with an advertisement from Weather Bug and others.... it comes with the territory... no revenue from the users... sell to those who will pay... so Pop Ups and mystery (mostly unseen) "guests" (sic) get the opportunity to visit your CPU. To find the Spy Ware bugs... another freeware program that will find and dump them is: AD-ware 6.0/... frown.gif Experiencing and dealing with the same nuisances.

Ken Cates
    Waco Texas
  • Ted Welch at Classiccar has spoken to Tribalfusion and they have agreed to remove the pop-up ads off in a day or so.
  • Hi Ken

Thanks for the advise. I currently use Ad-Aware SE (a freebie program) to deal with Data Mining progams that find their way onto my system.

John B

Thanks for your work in moderating this list.

The message from Ted Welsh is welcome news indeed. He also deserves our thanks for providing this site. If it would mean the end of Pop-Ups & their associated nasties then (speaking for myself alone) I would be prepared to pay something towards any revenue forgone by the Pop-Ups' absense.

Cheers

Dave Young
This discussion has been closed.