Advise Needed

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am currently stripping the chrome & stainless from my 54 Hornet in preparation for paint, however I seem to be stumped in my attempt to remove the roof antenna. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Cliff Minard.

Comments

• [ QUOTE ]
    I am currently stripping the chrome & stainless from my 54 Hornet in preparation for paint, however I seem to be stumped in my attempt to remove the roof antenna. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Cliff Minard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff

The drawing that follows should show U enough about the antenna assemble to remove it without damage. The instructions did not survice making it into a gif file ... so

1. find and loosen the screw in the interior knob that turns the antenna.

2. Remove the knob

3. look into the center of the exposed escutcheon plate and you will see a nut that holds the shaft of the antenna inplace. Using a suitable deep socket... remove the nut. ( there maybe two nuts.

4. One the nut is off the escutcheon plate can be removed and the secondary nut will be exposed. Remove that nut and the antenna assmeble will push out of the roof.

Use care and remove the feed wire before pushing the antenna all the way out!

HudsonAntenna.gif

Good luck

Ken Cates
    Ken Cates Stepdown Restoration site/ laugh.gif
  • You can remove just the ant by haveing the knob pushed all the way in and griping the shaft with thin nose vice grip pliers. There is a small pin holding the ant. to shaft. Drive the pin out with a small punch. BK.TN.
  • Ken & Anonymous,--- Thank you for answering my post. Evidently I missed seeing the screw on the interior antenna handle. It should be easy now. Cliff Minard.
This discussion has been closed.