Another Pacemaker Update......really!!!!

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Okay folks, another update............

1016Donor_Rt_Side_06_28_061-med.jpg
Here's the donor sitting at Al Saffrahn's yard. We spent this morning stripping all the parts off he wanted. Managed to get it all done before it really got hot! When we stopped it was only 100 degrees in the shade @ 11:00am!

1016Donor_Lt_Side_06_28_06-med.jpg
The driver's side.........

1016Donor_Lt_Roofline_Kink-med.jpg
Here's the worst spot. A kink in the roofline above the driver's door. The jamb looked alright with the door installed, but the roofline is going to need some work, I may have to cut a section from my car the weld in place here.

Jay

Comments

• mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Hey, Looking good!

That "kink" in the roofline is minor detail. It CAN be taken out without any major surgery just some judicious whacks with the correct body tools.

Congradulations!

Peace,

Chaz
  • geez... you Arizona guys...

I sat here, and started to sweat looking at he searing heat in those pictures....

But was envious of the solid frame on that shell.

Probably would trade some heat for the rain we have been getting....
  • hudsonkid, I'd trade you some rain here if the temperature was lower, we had 10 years of drought! But alas we are heading into the "monsoon season" with high temps and sort of high (high for us) humidity.

I am very pleased with this donor. Though badly faded, there is still alot of the original gold paint on it. And any rust is minor surface rust, other than the driver's front floorpan.

As stated in Part II, as soon as we get back from vacation, the work begins!

Jay
  • Jay, you've got a gret donor there!!! I'm used to the rust free southwest cars too, can't beat them. Since you've got it down so far, I'd recommend Chem dip or soda blasting to clean it up before fabrication work. There's nothing as bad as welding with rust/paint/undercoat, etc in your way. Good luck, keep us posted!
  • Jay, you've got a gret donor there!!! I'm used to the rust free southwest cars too, can't beat them. Since you've got it down so far, I'd recommend Chem dip or soda blasting to clean it up before fabrication work. There's nothing as bad as welding with rust/paint/undercoat, etc in your way. Good luck, keep us posted!
    Thanks tristansdaz! I'm going to dip it when I get back in town. Don't think soda blasting will get the surface rust off.

I'm anxious to get started for sure!

Jay
This discussion has been closed.