Trim for 1950 Hudson Coupe

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can anyone tell me where I will find the chrome / stainless steel trim and clips that run along the bottom of a 1950 Hudson Coupe? confused.gif

Comments

• The retainer clips are available from K Gap. The stainless and chrome are very hard, if not impossible, to find. About a year or so ago there was a NOS set of the chrome on E-Bay and it sold for around $500.00 if memory serves me correctly. We used some trim from a cabinet shop in place of the chrome on my car and it looks good and was very affordable. My stainless was in pretty good shape so we re-used it. I would suggest taking the cabinet trim route. Check with your hardware stores or home centers and see if they have anything that will come close to the originals. Good luck.
  • [ QUOTE ]
    Can anyone tell me where I will find the chrome / stainless steel trim and clips that run along the bottom of a 1950 Hudson Coupe? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi:

Check out the following fix for your dilemma. Ray has provided a great way to replace these moldings with modern materials. Check it out at this INTENET URL: Making and installing replacement moldings.

Good Luck and Happy Hudsonin'

Ken Cates
    53HAUL.gif
    Ken Cates' Stepdown Restoration Page cool.gif
  • The trim used on 51 club coupe came from a upholstery supply store. It replaced the painted mouldings along the bottom door and fender. Used plastic retainers and small screws to attach. Looks very good. BK.TN. laugh.giflaugh.gif
This discussion has been closed.