6 volt electric fuel pump question

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can anybody tell me if somebody makes a 6 volt electric fuel pump for a positive ground car. I bought a fuel pump from Auto Zone but it did not work with a Positive ground. It was a rotary pump so maybe that was the problem.

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    Jim
    The way I see it is it doesn't matter if your car is + ground or - ground it is the way you hook up the pump I got my 6 volt pump from motive parts it said - ground all I did was hook up the the + red wire to the ground and the - black wire to the hot wire it works fine MOST TIMES THE GUYS AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT (THEY HAVE THIS YOU WANT FRYS WITH THAT LOOK ON THE FACE) WHEN WE ASK FOR SOME THING WITH POSTIVE GROUND I hope this helps you and good luck cool.gif
    Hudsonly
    PAULARGETYPE
  • JC WHITNEY Has 6 V Positive Ground..I bought one from them last Feburary....
  • Go to any NAPA. THey have a By-pass 6 volt fuel pump. It is mabe by Bendix. It will work both positive nad negitive ground
  • NAPA also has a Carter (NAPA) type 6-volt electric fuel pump, P/N P4259 that will work + or - negative ground and is a very quiet running reliable pump for about $90. It has provisions for an inlet filter to be attached.
This discussion has been closed.