small parts/supplies

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I need help finding a source of sheet metal screws, especially chrome finished screws (for moldings and sills) as well as clips for retaining screws, etc. Local NAPA doesn't seem to have much of a selection, and none of the low head screws used on the sills. Don't recall a source in WTN?

THANKS!

Walter

Comments

• Good Morning Walt.,--- Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. in Windber,Pa. 814-467-9842. They have an illustrated catalog for $3.50 & have a multitude of small parts & supplies including stainless & chrome screws. Cliff Minard.
  • Many thanks Cliff, I'll give them a call! Walter
  • Walt, failing them try the large MEga-Hardware stores. Home depot and Lowes here on the east coast. They both sell them
  • I have found #8 oval head screws in stainless at Home Depot. I am using 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" in my '46 for the windshild and door window trim. Also some autobody and paint supply shops have trim nuts.

Lance
  • Restoration Specialties has online catalog Restoration Specialties smile.gif
  • Thanks all! I ordered a hardcopy catalog from Restoration Spec and Supply. Will try their onsite catalog. I did find some clips for No. 6-10 sheet metal screws at a local parts shop, which fit over the edge of the sheet metal and tension the screw, acting like a sort of lock washer. These are used to attach the threshold support to the quarter panel. Don't know what they are called... But am trying to adapt something to hold the upper inner fender seal (rubber)to the cowl and fender. I can't use staples, or wire, because fender is attached, and I don't want to have sharp screws passing into the engine compartment. Figured with these, I could grind off the points and still have enough screw to hold. Walter
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    For fasteners in chrome and stainless, I don't think Gardner-Westcott can be beat. They have just about any type of screw, etc., one could imagine, they're very reasonable on small orders, and always quick to respond. www.gardner-westcott.com.
This discussion has been closed.