WTN Tech Articles in book form.

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Has anyone thought of copying all the tech articles in the White Triange News, arranging them correctly, and printing them up in book form? Such a publication would be a tremendous help keeping these great cars running, and repaired correctly. However, many of those articles were publsihed years ago, and few members have a complete collection. With so many new members, such a publication would be invaluable. Also, with today's copying equipment, the local Office Zone-type store can print, collate and bind such books on a low number basis. I know Walt Mordenti has done that with his column (I have his book), but there is a lot more that is basically inaccessable to newer members.

Comments

• If someone in the Club would volunteer to do so, we might scan the articles and make them available as PDF's or other images, retrievable through the H-E-T Club's website. This would take some work, but if someone were to step forward it may be possible to arrange such a thing through the Club, who knows? Those who own large collections of WTNs might be willing to loan them out, or even to help scan them....
  • Good Idea Zoomer, just do it.
  • I will, but I have only a few years of issues. Send me a complete collection, and I will do it, and will send the issues back.
  • [ QUOTE ]
    Has anyone thought of copying all the tech articles in the White Triangle News, arranging them correctly, and printing them up in book form? Such a publication would be a tremendous help keeping these great cars running, and repaired correctly. However, many of those articles were published years ago, and few members have a complete collection. With so many new members, such a publication would be invaluable. Also, with today's copying equipment, the local Office Zone-type store can print, collate and bind such books on a low number basis. I know Walt Mordenti has done that with his column (I have his book), but there is a lot more that is basically inaccessible to newer members.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bring your attention to the work Alex Burr has done to scan and present the information to the HET owners. He has without assistance collected, scanned and posted many of the 60/70/80 era articles from the WTN to his websites. While there are mechanics who made or make their living working on antique and classic cars to include Hudsons ... the wealth of information that was presented over the years in the WTN has been by enlarge captured by Alex. To collect this information one only needs to access the websites and print or down load the information. If you go to the HET main site there are a number of sites listed which will fit the bill of technical information exchange. I prefer to capture this information in native form on a CD. I have found, downloaded and cataloged most of the Hudson information on an interactive CD that I can key word search. At one time I thought I would make this product available for retail sale...since that time I have decided that the technology exists for anyone to do the task themselves. Just my two centavos about capturing the knowledge of the Hudson affectionatos.

Good Luck

Ken Cates
    Waco, Texas smile.gif
    53HAUL.gif
    Ken Cates' Stepdown Restoration page
  • I have been writing Tech articles for the New Zealand Triangle for over 30 years, mainly pertaining to the earlier years(20's - '30's), and many anecdotal stories. I have all this on file, and am contemplating collating it, scanning, and making available either in printed or electronic format. If there is enough interest, I will consider proceeding with this project.
    Geoff Clark,
  • Pzoomer, would you please contact me? This could be a great opportunity to make this data available to Hudson owners. --Jon Battle, HETjbattle@hudsonclub.org (please delete the HET before sending)
  • HudsonClub.org could be used to publish the information. If you want to talk about it drop me a line at:

HETWebmaster@hudsonclub.org
  • Also, I am not sure but I think all information in the back issues is avaliable through the club library.
  • I have taken a lot of the tech articles on the Tech website, cleaned up the format and made pdf files out of them. I find it easier to maintain a technical archive on my computer. Anything relating to stepdowns from 49-53. If anyone wants them or a list of what I have done I can email them to you.
  • Anonymous, if you'd be willing to share these tech. articles in some way with the Club, please e-mail me at HETjbattle@hudsonclub.org (delete HET from address). Perhaps we can pool your resources together with those of volunteers to create some sort of master database for all to share. Thanks. ---Jon
  • The resulting book would be a great item for the Club Store to offer.
This discussion has been closed.