Engine Paint

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi Gang,

When restoring the engine in my '29 last year I spent a lot of time looking around for the correct color to paint the engine. A bit of research led me to the conclusion that many other Hudson enthusiasts out there had the same problem. So, with the help of several other Hudson owners, and an ungodly amount of paint wasted in the mixing room, I have developed what I believe is the closest we can get to the formula for the original Hudson Engine Green. I have taken numerous samples from my 67,000 mile original as well as from many other Hudson owners' engines from the Super Six, Essex, and Hudson 8 groups to come up with a "best fit" formula. You can see the color on a painted engine at:

http://www.coatscars.com/motor.jpg

I have recently had a batch of the paint manufactured and am offering it for sale as a service to the Hudson community. I know that the color is correct for Super Six, Essex, Terraplane, and Hudson 8, and it may also be correct for later years as well. Give it a look and see what you think. It is available as follows:

Aerosol Can, Ready to Spray $14.95

Pint can $26.00

Quart can $43.00

This is a semi-gloss enamel manufactured for me by Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes. The pints and quarts can be applied by brush or reduced & sprayed. Shipping on all orders is $8.50, Insured, and I accept major credit cards, Personal checks, money orders, and PayPal. Please contact me at James@coatscars.com if you are interested.

Best Regards,
This discussion has been closed.