Remember This Car? Why build when you can Buy @ 1/2 the Price

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/8/9/85252489.htm

Seems like a good price - any takers!

85252489_1.jpg

Comments

• yeah, isn't that Burt Schwartz's (spelling....) car? I think he is in charge of the modified hudson group. I cannot figure out why this car has been on the market for so long, and there are no takers... :eek:

Either there is something wrong with it, or there isn't that much interest in what looks to be a well done chopped and custom hudson. :confused:

you are right, someone needs to seriously consider this one. you could not build it for that price. :cool:

What I would do, if it were mine and seemed to be a hard sell, I would do the Barrett Jackson thing with this one. I can't imagine, unless there is a problem, that it wouldn't hammer down at significantly more money. ;)
  • I'm not impressed at all with the quality and fit of the interior and trunk areas. Underhood harness would have to be redone right, too, IMO. You'd be looking at least $5K min to do the interior up right.

Reason it's been on the market so long is that it's overpriced. B-J would never let this one across the line as-is.

Exterior looks nice, and I like the Mopar powertrain. I've been up to that guy in Colorado to look at cars before, and he is mighty proud of ALL of his cars. Don't know if he actually sells many at all, but he is sure proud of them.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Actually didn't this one just sell recently in a non BJ auction? The ad makes a reference to recent auction and this price is lower...?

Whether you like the styling or work you have to admit it would be tough to replicate this car with a chopped top for under 20k
  • Actually didn't this one just sell recently in a non BJ auction? The ad makes a reference to recent auction and this price is lower...?

Whether you like the styling or work you have to admit it would be tough to replicate this car with a chopped top for under 20k

I agree.... if it's interior and detail, alll of the very difficult work is done. Even repainting and some bodywork isn't that big of a deal at this point. From another perspective, I think this was one of the earliest chopped hudsons.... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.