1939 Grill Parts

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a grill from a 1939 Hudson Big Six (UK version) and someone in the USA has expressed an interest in it. The problem I have is that I'm not sure how much it is worth . The condition is good with some slight repairs to one of the small grills.

Could anyone give me some pointers on what would be a fair price for one of these please as i'd like it to be used on a car instead of decorating my shed!

Thanks,

Paul Butler

Comments

• hh;i Your grills are very desireable even tho not many 39s have survived the center is not hard to find, but the two outer grills are difficult I would expect you coule get 150 for the 2 outer grills if intact and 75 for the center also. Bill Albrights Vintage coach, 33 year Hudson restorer Fontana, Ca.
  • Bill,

Thanks for that - I was guessing in the $250 area so wasn't far out.

Paul
  • Have A Customer That Will Pay 175 Dollars For The Two Outside Grills, Plus Shipping
  • Bill,

I'll take photos of the grills and pass them onto you so you can see the condition. I'm sure that one of them has been repaired at some stage in the past but it's a good one.

Thanks for the offer
  • thanks, will await the pics
  • Bill,

Apologies for the delay in responding but I do now have some pictures. The bad news is that the small grilles are not in as good a shape as I remembered and the one looks as it it’s a copy albeit a good one. In my opinion there is only one of these grilles that is of any real value but I’ll let you decide on what you want to do after seeing the pictures.

They are too big to upload so can see them here:

http://uk.geocities.com/mercw125/hudsongrill.html

I haven’t attached a picture of the center gill – this is really good shape however.

Let me know what you’ like to do – my apologies but they aren’t as good as my memory led me to believe!

Thanks,

Paul
  • would pay `10000 US plus shipping for these, can be repaired Bill A
This discussion has been closed.