WTN Articles Needed!!!!!

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I posted this as a thread response on the other forum, but thought it most important to post here:

"Okay guys, lets see about getting some articles together. Sam, if you are reading this, how is your editorial staff? If we can put some paragraphs together, can your staff make them into a sensible coherent article? Most of us are writing deficient and couldn't write an article if we tried. Or we are only beginning our projects.

Or maybe those of you who have done some of your own websites might like to contribute some words and pics from your web pages as a start?"

I think there is probably alot of great info and tips relating to Hudson rodding or customizing out there and it has been stated that if we get some of this together, they will print it in the WTN. I like some of the WTN, but would like to see some articles on modifieds and tips and tricks in the mag. As I stated above, maybe some of you who have already set-up your own websites with narrative and pics could get something together for an article for the WTN. You could focus on one item only, saving others for future articles. I'm sure the WTN staff could do some grammatical editing for those of us without great writing skills. My car is not ready for major steps yet, but maybe I could write some on "why you don't buy a stepdown out of the Northeast sight unseen!"

I think we could get more exposure for customizers in the Club and attract more potential members if we could do some of this.

Jay

Comments

• MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    I have some skills in the editing area (I guess you could say I "write for a living"), and would be happy to help anyone who wants to put an article together. I don't have the expertise to produce anything earthshaking out of my own head, but am "mechanical" enough to understand the subject matter and make sure the information is correct and presented in a logical manner. As a starter, there was a thread about power steering awhile back- someone (Hudson Dave?) had done several conversions, using an Isuzu steering gear and Geo Metro pump, I believe. With some pictures and descriptions, I believe we could put together something on that popular subject. My email is hetmmittge@hetquik.com (remove both hets), and I'd be happy to hear from anyone with any ideas. And Hudson Dave, for pics of the buildup, you could come and do a conversion on my '48! Think of the fun we'd have! :>)
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    I've got some "stuff of interest" I could contribute but the problem is none of it is done so I'd have nothing but half completed articles on the customizations - now I'm no expert in media but I don't think folks would find anything interesting without the "Part 2" :D
  • rambos_ride wrote:
    I've got some "stuff of interest" I could contribute but the problem is none of it is done so I'd have nothing but half completed articles on the customizations - now I'm no expert in media but I don't think folks would find anything interesting without the "Part 2" :D

Thanks Dan, maybe someone has a part of a project done, say like manufacturing gas hood hinges (sorry I borrowed your idea for an example). Even though a car is not finished, things like this which may be finished (even if not painted), would be cool for some of us to read about. And your electronic stuff is way cool (though you may not to give all your ideas away. lol Or maybe someone has found a way to make the new grille openings for changing the grille. The rest of the car wouldn't need to be finished, just enough of the bodywork to show the process.

Maybe Doc would let us print his article on putting a Fatman MII on a Hornet? I have the article, but maybe others out there haven't yet seen it. I guess we could email him for permission.

Anyway just some thoughts. And thanks Mike, I'm sure we will take you up on your offer.

Jay
  • there is a very interesting hudson here in Jonesboro arkansas, a 1948 Hudson Convertible, It could make a magazine article All by its self.

as a matter of fact, there is 4 nice hudsons here, 3 street rods and 1 that is in the process of being restored cosmetically with its final destination as yet undecided whether to street rod or restore.
  • billjharris wrote:
    there is a very interesting hudson here in Jonesboro arkansas, a 1948 Hudson Convertible, It could make a magazine article All by its self.

as a matter of fact, there is 4 nice hudsons here, 3 street rods and 1 that is in the process of being restored cosmetically with its final destination as yet undecided whether to street rod or restore.

Thanks Bill, do you think the owners would be willing to send us some pics and maybe some narrative on their cars and what they have done to them? I'm on the other side of the world (arizona), but maybe we could make up an article if we had some info and pics to go on.

Jay :-)
  • I'll see what I can do about getting the information and the pictures together.
  • billjharris wrote:
    I'll see what I can do about getting the information and the pictures together.

Thanks much Bill!

Jay :-)
This discussion has been closed.