1936 Terraplane

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have recently aquired a 36 Terraplane that is named Rusty, because that is what it is. Plan to get it on the road somehow. Need all four fenders. Can any one Help?

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Hi Irwin,

While I can't help you with parts, I do have some technical data, such as Mechanical Specification and Adjustment sheets, tune-up sheets and general mechanical tech data that may be of some use to you.

Drop me an email at pax2728ab@netscape.net if you want this material - can send it email, no cost. In your email indicate that it's for a Terraplane. There will be a slight delay - I have the material, but havn't scanned it yet. Takes me a couple days.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Erwin, I don't know if you're in the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club, but that is an excellent clearinghouse of information for folks with any of these three fine marques. The newsletter is always a good place to look for parts. Also, keep an eye on Ebay, as sometimes body parts (or a complete but bedraggled car, a good source for cannibalizing parts) will come up for sale. Fenders in good shape are going to be hard to find for a thirties Hudson; demand is great, supply is small. You may have to find something 'bumpy' and buy a lot of Bondo...
  • hudsontech
    I'm not sure if Hudson and Terraplane fenders are interchangeable - be best to check it out first.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Erwin,--- I don't know for sure about 36 fenders, but I do know that 37 front fenders are not interchangeable between Hudson & Terraplane. Cliff Minard.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    '36 Hudson and Terraplane front fenders are definitely not interchangable. Rears are fine. e-mail me direct for a possible source. hetpwald@mindspring.com (remove the het). Park Waldrop
  • Looking For Both Rear Fenders And Both Front Fenders For A 1937 Terraplane 2DR Sedan Made A Mistake On The Year On My Last Message Sent Out Please Let Me Know If Anyone Can Help
  • hudsontech
    Ok, you got a 1937 Terraplane - I have the tune-up and so forth sheets for 1937 too. Be happy to send them to you.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

HUDSONTECH

pax2728ab@netscape.net
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Okay, in that case I can tell you for sure that the rear fenders on a '37 T are interchangeable with a '37 Hudson. But the front fenders are not. I believe, however, that the front fenders MIGHT be interchangeable between '37 and '38 Terraplanes, and the rear ones PROBABLY are. But front fenders beween a '38 Terraplane and '38 112 are NOT interchangeable, I think. (Confused yet?)
This discussion has been closed.