'48 Kustom Sled from Australia

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
A client of mine brought by a copy of the October 2006 issue of Street Rodder magazine and there is one of the most beautiful Hudsons I've seen. Its a '48 Commodore Sedan. This ride is a big $ job for sure, but it can give you some neat ideas. Though I'm not really a fan of fire engine red, this car is well done.

Chaz, check this one out, it was a 4 door turned 2 door.

He's even had "Hudson" painted on the valve covers, which I was considering trying to put small metal Hudson on my Vette covers. This one runs a 454 BBC.

It has some features well out of my price range, like scooped rear fenders, but it sooooo swweeeettt!!!!

Should be a darker color with ghost flames though!

I tried the website but couldn't find any pics to download. Maybe someone better than can do it, but the website probably sdoesn't allow it anyway. For you rodders, even buying the magazine this issue is worth it.

Jay

Comments

• Thanks arion, what do you think of this rod?
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    jsrail wrote:
    A client of mine brought by a copy of the October 2006 issue of Street Rodder magazine and there is one of the most beautiful Hudsons I've seen. Its a '48 Commodore Sedan. This ride is a big $ job for sure, but it can give you some neat ideas. Though I'm not really a fan of fire engine red, this car is well done.

Chaz, check this one out, it was a 4 door turned 2 door.

He's even had "Hudson" painted on the valve covers, which I was considering trying to put small metal Hudson on my Vette covers. This one runs a 454 BBC.

It has some features well out of my price range, like scooped rear fenders, but it sooooo swweeeettt!!!!

Should be a darker color with ghost flames though!

I tried the website but couldn't find any pics to download. Maybe someone better than can do it, but the website probably sdoesn't allow it anyway. For you rodders, even buying the magazine this issue is worth it.

Jay

The owner of this car emailed me a year or so ago to offer up some feedback and encouragement after finding my website on the 49 project.

This is a really well done and thought out hot-rod with top quality work.

This car has also made the rounds on this forum - here another picture...

k101.jpg
  • rambos_ride wrote:
    The owner of this car emailed me a year or so ago to offer up some feedback and encouragement after finding my website on the 49 project.

This is a really well done and thought out hot-rod with top quality work.

You're right Dan, I remember seeing it now. But the article is some good reading though, with some good shots of other parts of the car.

Geez, I'm losing it............
  • In my opinion of all of the hudson rods I have seen, this has got to be the best ever.

And that's all I can say about that...
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Hi Jay,
    Yes, I received my issue of Street Rodder magazine. Great custom but the pages are all blurry from me drooling over it.
    BTW, are the b-pillars on their way?
    Peace,
    Chaz
  • arionrjw wrote:
    Jay, This is one of the best Hudson customs that I have ever seen. My only drawback is the Mercury taillights. If viewed from the rear most people would think it is a Mercury. Maybe this is what the owner wanted and anyone that does a custom he is doing it to satisfy his own wants and not mine.

Any new progress on your coupe? I have filled in the taillights on my Ugly Pacemaker and going to LED taillights. I was going to the slot style with the light mounted on the inside but may do 10 1/2inch round holes that match the LED light. The LED light has two rows of four and than one centered on each end. As we all do in modifying a car our ideas change as the car progresses.

No progress right now, man. The donor was stripped before my vacation (which zapped our cash flow, but worth it) and consulting client of mine just volunteered to use his trailer to bring it up here if I just provide the gas money. I've got some good paying tax projects coming up so hopefully I've have the soon for the chemical dip. Then the fun begins.

My health is not very good right now, so probably nothing will happen until they fix me. :-)

Jay
This discussion has been closed.